Revision as of 15:05, 13 April 2015 by Keith (Created page with " * Presentations normally need to be uploaded at least '''TWO WORKING DAYS''' before the start of the meeting * UKNOF uses the "Indico" <https://indico.uknof.org.uk/> open-so...")
- Presentations normally need to be uploaded at least TWO WORKING DAYS before the start of the meeting
- UKNOF uses the "Indico" <https://indico.uknof.org.uk/> open-source conference management system, which handles speaker presentation uploads. You will need to create yourself an account on this if you did not do so when you submitted your abstract.
- Please ensure you have upload access, and familiarise yourself with Indico in advance of the submission deadline.
- You can then upload your presentation by going to the "Confirmed Speakers" contributions list on Indico.
- Click on the talk title against your name, and you will then see an "Add Material" link - clicking on this will give you a dialogue box to upload your slides.
- In order for the widest audience to be able to view your slides via the UKNOF website, we request that you upload your slides in at least PDF format. If you have particular elements of your presentation that are better displayed in other formats (e.g. PPTX, Keynote, ODP), please _also_ upload your slides in that format as well, and we will use that during your talk.
- All slide uploads/formats will be copied to the presenter laptop (a Mac), which should be able to display most slide file formats including animations natively.
- This preparation will allow us to smoothly run all the presentations off a single laptop, and ensure your slides are visible to remote viewers.
- UKNOF's meetings are webcast, which will be recorded for UKNOF's public video archive on YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/uknofconf>. We do this via an application running on the presenter PC which creates a split-screen video feed of you as presenter and the current displayed slide.
- Please submit your slides with an aspect ratio of 4:3.
- We will drive the presenter laptop remotely so you should not need to worry about anything other than advancing your slides while speaking. Please ask during the break before your talk if you have any questions about this arrangement, or need help with microphones.
- Use of other laptops means webcast participants would be unable to see your slides and will disrupt the flow of presentations.
- Note there may be remote participant questions via IRC on <irc.terahertz.net:#uknof>
- It would be helpful if you could e-mail <email@example.com> to letus know once you have uploaded your slides successfully, or please e-mail <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you need help.
- Please also use your Indico login to register for the meeting and confirm your attendance, talk title, and affiliation if you did not already do so.
- The time-lined agenda will normally be available under "Timetable" on the Indico event site at least a week before the event.
- Note that speaking slots are of variable length, and _include_ 5-10 minutes for questions. Please let us know ASAP if your proposed slot would clash with your travel arrangements or availability, and we'll do what we can to accommodate.
- We will have full connectivity to the meeting with wireless access. We usually have around 200 attendees in the room and another 60-80 by webcast.
Thanks again for supporting UKNOF by agreeing to give a presentation !